Wednesday, August 5, 2015

WOYWW 322--Stitching Notebooks

On this desk is all the planning and pretty papers. But I'm actually at the sewing machine, stitching up potential inventory for my Etsy shop I've dreamed up, and having so much fun.

It's What's-On-Your-Workdesk-Wednesday....where we simply share what in the world is on top of our desks to the world.

I would show you the stitching going on, but I'm actually not convinced that what I just did is perfect enough! I guess handmade items can't be expected to be completely, 100% perfect, right?
This is my first fabric midori notebook I made for myself. The notebook inserts inside are all decorated with scrapbook papers, washi tape, and stickers--so much fun. This notebook has an art journal on the go, a list journal, insert folder I made and a book of quotes. I don't know if I have more fun making the notebooks or decorating the inserts. Because it's like scrapbooking that you're going to look at more often. Some people use their Midori traveler's notebooks as planners, some people carry them around in their bags, and others like the way they can put four, five or six notebooks in a Midori and keep all their information organized.
Inside my fabric Midori with a pocket and a decorated notebook insert
I swear, the organizing never ends! Today I feel like my desk is just as big a mess as ever. Especially when I'm in production mode for my design. I may need the beach soon.

Have a happy week!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch





10 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! Perfect to me :) Have a fab week x Soojay 24

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect? I have no idea what that means :-) When it comes to being creative it should be just how you want it to....and who says that's not perfect? I love your results.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 18

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it does look pretty good to me. Have a lovely week. Barb#20

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your notebook - that fabric is so gorgeous, and I love the cupcake fabric inside - it sounds like you are having loads of fun making them.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my desk earlier - I hope you have a great week,
    Diana #26

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous book. Perfect? looks perfect to me! Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 19

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great book. I love the idea. And it is so true - the organizing never ends.
    April #39

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those notebooks are so pretty...I love the fabrics and papers you're using. They're so bright and make you smile :-)
    I'm so glad you're having a good time making them!
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gorgeous stitched journal reminds me of my scrappy journals. Mine, however, are intended to be imperfect. If imperfect, people will more likely want to work in them. Yours on the other hand is stunning.

    I'm an organizing fool, and it never, ever quits, does it? Happy belated WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little Russian dollies always make me smile - I love your idea. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute book!!! Love the dolls. My friend brought me some when she visited Russia. Peg R 53

    ReplyDelete