Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Weaving Ribbon Yarn On a Little Loom

I am mad about this little loom! Weaving on this little thing is kind of addicting, and I'm looking forward to trying out all kinds of yarn, ribbon and string in my weaving--I see some of these little squares landing in the middle of mixed-media projects, homemade tote bags, and maybe a throw. Here's how my little squares turned out today with a ball of variegated ribbon yarn from my knitting stash. It only takes a few minutes to weave a square!

I went wrong a couple of times--variegated color can trick your eye--but I mostly got this one perfect!

Loved weaving with this silky ribbon yarn that had been sitting in my stash forever!
I'm imagining a silky patchwork clutch made out of these cute woven squares
This was one of my first attempts--very easy to go wrong in the middle! But I'll still use it in something.
Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Weave

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Sandy! Never seen anything like that before.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete