Thursday, October 16, 2014

Tag Art Creativity ♥

 Tag Art Recipe: Old file folders, a tag punch, and whatever you have in your stash to decorate! You can do anything with tag art. You can also buy a good supply of shipping tags and have fun--I do that too. And whether you have a tag punch, a tag diecut, or a pair of scissors you can make your own tags out of used file folders, old greeting cards, or even cereal boxes.

 When it comes to file folders, I try to re-use them as much as possible. But at some point the tabs wear out, and that's why I keep a tag punch at the office! Before I throw them away I punch as many tags as possible and keep them in my stash. The other day I was gelli printing, and all those upcycled tags were painted within minutes!
Gelli printing
Embossing and decorating little tags
They were so cute with all that variety of gelli printing. I added lots of things from my stash--vintage buttons from my Aunt sis, craft buttons, little sentiments, embossing, gelato on the edges, punches from scrapbooking scraps, and even some stitching on the sewing machine.
Hearts punched from old dictionary and music pages
Adding flower stitch to the bottom
My Aunt Sis' vintage buttons

Finally I decided to put most of them together in one art piece. I had some burlap canvases from Michaels. For the base I added washi tape to the top and bottom, and then a sheet of scrapbook paper from a vintage pack I really liked. I added hemp cord to each tag, arranged them, and glued them down. Each one has a little inspirational sentiment and altogether, it's tag art!


Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment