Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Breath of Fresh Travel Paints--Creating on the Go-Go

Now you've got fresh breath and fresh creativity!
I have always wanted one of those super cute Koi travel watercolor kits--but I didn't really want to pay twenty dollars for one. But now I've seen how to make your own travel watercolors all over You Tube and various blogs and I had to try it. I used an Altoids tin, an empty Dentyne Ice gum package and my tube watercolors. I secured the plastic wells down with a couple of glue dots on the bottom. I let the watercolors dry for 24 hours before taking them on the go. The Dentyne Ice packaging lets you have eight different colors of your choice, and the Altoids tin will also fit a travel watercolor brush, a sponge, and even an old credit card if you do some scraping in your artwork. Perfect! This was fun to make, and now I want to make some for friends. I just have to finish decorating my tin!
This will go perfect with my little homemade watercoloring journals made from tissue boxes. (click here)
Then there's a little stitching on the go. I still love this little travel kit complete with variegated floss (so I feel like I'm using more than one color) little precut squares ready to stitch the hearts I use in applique, a needle of course, and my stork scissors. It's tiny and fits into any bag I'm using. Love, love, love.

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Paint

 

No comments:

Post a Comment