Friday, February 28, 2014

All Buttoned Up--Scraps to Cards

I'm looking at a pile of scraps - snipped out from beautiful papers that I've made envelopes with, scrapbook pages, tags and cards. It's fun to whip up little meaningful cards, just with my scraps!

Today's little card:
 The most import thing on this card is a vintage button. It came from this jar of very old buttons that belonged to my beautiful Great Aunt Sis. Her name was actually "Nancy" but we all called her Aunt Sis. She looked like young Kate Hepburn, and she could do anything. She and I share the same birthday, and she passed away when I was little - but she loved me dearly and we spent time together. I had misplaced these buttons and just found them the other day! (they were hiding behind where I had stored my daughter's old Disney Princess sewing machine) Oh happy day. Now one had to go on a card or something right away!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Scrap

No comments:

Post a Comment