Friday, February 14, 2014

A Little Mug Rug Love

With some felt scraps and floss - this mug rug stitched up in no time! It's for darling daughter's Valentines bag today - she collects owls, so I couldn't resist making an owl thing. 


I use #5 pearl cotton floss - I love those rich colors and the fact that you don't have to separate it like regular floss. For the two main pieces, I just did a wavy cut with scissors and made the red base, and then the beige center which was cut a little smaller. I cut all the little pieces for the owl freehand, except the white circles were diecut. Then I did all the embroidery before stitching the beige onto the red. Also, before I stitched the two main pieces together, I embroidered a little message on the bottom - and that was one easy mug rug to make! Now I'm going to start on some mug rug flower shapes for Easter! Happy heart day everyone!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment