Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sew Blissful Stitching - Felty Frippery


Felt scraps, pearl cotton threads by DMC, and winter evenings with my feet up. 
That's what stitching frippery is all about.


The day starts with my favorite: whole wheat waffles with banana and a big mug-o-coffee.

Then I'm off to use my coupons at Michaels--I stock up on the DMC pearl cotton in variegated skeins and those rich-hand-dyed-looking colors. It's my candy store! Love it. I also love buying these little floss cards, slip-knotting the skein around them (pearl cotton doesn't require separating) and then just slip one thread right out of the knot when you need it. Easy peezy.
I punch out a lot of circles with my Big Shot and a Bigz circle die with four sizes of circles. I love my Big Shot.
 I keep all this in a basket and it's just leisurely blanket and straight stitching that goes with me wherever I want to put my feet up. When I got my flower die delivered, I started on some flower frippery too! These have been made into ornaments for a Valentines tree which will be put together with painted branches--but there are so many things you can do with frippery!

Eat, Write, Dream, Stitch


1 comment: