Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wednesday Is Hump Day and a Peek at What's on My Work Desk!


So I've got a weekday theme going on as we wrap up August. Monday was OMG-Oh Monday, Gag! Tuesday was the Top Ten Things on a Tuesday that make me happy. And Wednesday is a special day, because beautiful, creative, crafty bloggers around the  globe celebrate Wednesday by taking a peek at each other's work tables. How awesome is that! You see a little inspiration...perspiration...desperation at times...and loads of creativity and hard work. I love it!

A couple of days ago I clipped my coupons and headed to Michaels arts and crafts store. I got fabulous paints on sale, and lots of other goodies on clearance. I dumped everything onto my worktable, and there it has stayed for two days!

All the craft punching tools were 40 percent off. Woo hoo! I got a heart punch and a butterfly. Plus, I finally found a watercolor brush that you can put the water into it, in a tube in the handle. So cool! It was full price, so I used one of my coupons and got it 40 percent off. Yay me.

Cute ribbons for a dollar.
More of those glitter pots I like...one dollar for four.

Anniversary collection floss on clearance, and using another coupon on gorgeous color variations.
I'm excited.
I was looking for some kind of a rock-like pendant, because I'm wanting to crochet a necklace for it with organic cotton yarn. Found it! On clearance. So happy.
So while I'm organizing supplies on my worktable, I've got my angel project going on my giant leather lapdesk. It sort of travels around the house! It's all good. Happy WOYWW everyone! If you're out of the loop, click on in at What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. It's fun!

Somebody's dreaming of squirrels.








13 comments:

  1. lots of lovely things you've shared with us, & i wonder does anyone buy anything at full price in Michaels because they do some great deals when you get the coupons every week. if only we had one in the UK , happy crafting jill
    #51

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you awesome Bargain Hunter!! Those are crazy prices for the art supplies..we never seem to get discounts like that in the UK. If ever I visit the US< I think I'd have to bring a spare case in which to put all the new stash I would buy!! LOL.
    Hugs, LLJ ~72 xx
    PS My cats dream of moles.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. great looking desk with all the new and fun stuff to play with. I went to Hobby Lobby the other day with DD and found all sorts of fun things in clearance too. Overspent my budget for sure! Have a great week. Thanks for sharing! Vickie #67

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I don't know how you have time..if I'm not at my desk, I'm slumped in my armchair trying to visit desks! Great purchasing, it's such fun to score so well on Clearance..love the pendant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy... am so envious of the States-siders having Michaels - I hear so much about their amazing bargains and coupons. Hope you have loads of fun playing! Happy WOYWW!
    Alison x
    #99

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some lovely new goodies there. I so wish we had Michaels here in the UK!!!
    Have fun with it all and Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #93

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy bunny you are, well done on your purchases it is always great to get a bargain. BJ#35

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome cat. You have a great eye for shopping. The pendant is perfect, and combining a crochet necklace is a great idea. That floss, what colors! I would embroider everything, my family keeps me out of the floss aisle;). Thanks for the inspiration. Frances #69

    ReplyDelete
  9. enjoy your new stash its always better when it is discounted!!
    happy woyww Mrs.C.xx #63

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmm lovely goodies, thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I so want a store that does that here in Australia. lovely cat. Sandy :) #59

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, that's exactly what my cat does all day long - stares out the window at the squirrel in the bird feeder! lol It looks like you made a haul at Michael's. That should keep you busy for AGES! Have fun,

    Terry #60
    P.S. I'm now following you and hope you'll follow my blog at http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete